Sunday, March 1

I wish I had real pictures, but this rainy weekend has been one of much joy- especially with music! Saturday night Matthew accompanied a friend playing piano at a coffee shop nearby. We were able to take our keyboard (thanks dad :) and matthew jammed out like you wouldn't believe (unless you've seen him play before!) There was so much energy in the packed out shop, it was amazing!

Then again this morning, Matthew was able to play guitar to our regular piano liturgy. It added a lot to our normally very traditional (organ) worship, and countless people thanked him for his contribution of talent. All this is to say that Matthew has been able to find some places for his musical talent and we have all enjoyed his sharing of it.

Other news in our lives would include a decision to change our medical care for pregnancy. Matthew and I toured the Women's Birthing and Wellness Center http://ncbirthcenter.com/ a few weeks ago and felt like it would be a birthing/care option more aligned to our values. The midwives there use traditional medicines and birthing practices and very few interventions. We felt a peace knowing we wouldn't have to fight against the hospital system for the birth we want. (Check out the website for more info!) Our records successfully transferred and we have our first appointment in 2 weeks. Praise God!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the website Leah, it looks wonderful and very much a good fit for you and Matthew. I'm excited and happy for your peace.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that you and Matthew continue to hold fast to your values! You are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete