This week was my birthday, it was a lovely one... Matthew made me a nice breakfast, Abby and I went shopping (she throughly enjoyed the experience), I had a delicious sushi lunch left by Matthew since he couldn't be with me, and we went out to a great new restaurant for dinner, followed by our small group coming over with a homeade icecream birthday cake. What more could i want?
Well, what i got was one more reason why I love our neighborhood.

This is not the icecream cake... and you might notice it's in spanish! This cake came from our neighbors accross the street! I had been helping israel with some different things this week and jokingly mentioned that when i came back later on my bday he would have to sing happy birthday for me to translate something for him. He laughed, and then brought me this cake the next day! Is that incredible or what? It's a tres leches (3 milks)- a cake that you bake and then pour milk over making it super moist and amazing.

Israel and Anna on the left, who we have known for the last year, and new neighbors who just moved in with them, Jose Luis and Jose Luis :) We had a regular old fiesta!
No comments:
Post a Comment