Thursday, August 12

Words anyone?



Abby loves to try new words. She doesn't mind if they are one syllable or 8, she'll try them out with gusto, taking joy in our surprised expressions and excitement. When she has her version of the word, it becomes a part of our whole family's vocabulary (gogo's for crayons, wamama for watermelon) and I think Abby might suspect she is teaching us how to talk instead of vice versa. As we learn how to be more gentle around/with her and and relearn habits, like stating things in the positive instead of the negative (you can play with THIS toy)... maybe she is, in fact, teaching us how to talk, among much else.

2 comments:

  1. Cappy is looking forward to having some wamama with you in two weeks Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true...how quick we are to say "no, don't touch!" instead of "how about this....". I find that many times my children are teaching me just as much if not more than I am teaching them! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete