Monday, April 11

It's a....

BOY!!!
Surprise! Well, at least for Matthew and I. For some reason we were convinced we would have a brood of pinky female creatures running around our house. But we are happy to know Abby will have someone to play trucks with besides all her many cousins, and who knows... maybe, as Lynda pointed out, he will enjoy having someone to play dolls with too :)
He looks peacefully still here, but he was jumping all over the screen! I actually at a piece of cake right before the ultrasound so he wouldn't be asleep and stuck in a position they couldn't tell the gender. hehe.
These skeleton shots always look a little creepy to me, but we didn't get any other cute stunts, acrobatics or the like. The other surprising news for us was that the ultrasound dated him to be a few weeks younger than my due date is saying. So it's possible we're only 18 weeks instead of 20, and the doc. officially changed my due date to Sept. 13th... but wasn't sure the OB in Denver would agree with/accept his decision. So that will be an interesting conversation once we get out there, but we aren't worrying about it for now.
Last, we've decided that even if we do possibly agree on a name before our son is born, we are going to wait and announce it at his birth. So... don't even try to get it out of either of us (who are notoriously bad at keeping secrets :) That's it for our exciting news. Thanks for being excited with us!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you two! One boy...one girl...sounds perfect! I hope Abby is really excited to have a baby brother! She will definitely be a great older sister and can pass on all of her female wisdom to our little one! I think it's awesome that you will be waiting until birth to announce his name; we still have no idea what to go with! September 13th will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I bet Bethany is super excited as well...she has a ton of boy stuff to pass along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS
    He will be well clothed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. 4:1 I love it! Matthew, I like your boy names. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bajus "brood" of boys is excited as can be (as am I)! And as Rachel said, we will have a bunch to pass along, that is if you don't mind it's been through three other little ones first! Glad things went well with the ultrasound, we can't wait to see you all in June and pass along what we can for your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for little boys! And yay for secret baby names! Good luck with that process- don't tell any of the grandparents- they are the worst blabbers out there! :) So excited for you and your growing family. And super excited for 4 Duke small-group babies in 2011. Crazy! -K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys- and now our Nickoloff name will officially be carried on to another generation- good work! Hope you are feeling well! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete