Sunday, May 8

Happy Mother's Day!

Last year we began a family tradition of making art on Mother's Day. The hand print Abby made in '10 is still the only one (and so very cherished!) I have. This year Matthew gave me an amazing book of art projects for kids that I am already in love with. (First Art Experiences for Toddlers and Twos by MaryAnn Kohl)

Without having to go to the store, we made some simple paint of cornstarch, vinegar and food coloring and Abby and I went to town. We really just have not given her enough art avenues to explore, something I'm hoping to remedy in our new living space in Colorado.

For those who have been part of our housing roller coaster ride, we are soo happy to be in the most amazing situation we could have ever asked for. We will be staying in a house whose work includes: hosting mission groups, living in a poorer neighborhood, community organizing, backyard gardening, possibilities (and extra rooms) for intentional community, and being in dialogue with the catholic worker for starters (also only 5 minutes away from Joel and Bri and some other really great friends!!). We are amazed by God's loving provision, on his timing, not ours.
The paint was a little 3-D and definitely messy.
With sun on our backs, this was a multi-sensory experience.
Not taking chances on whether food coloring is washable or not!
Collaborative Art.. sharing crosses so many borders!
Abby's own painting
My little Eve

2 comments:

  1. What awesome artwork! Looks like you guys had a blast. What a wonderful tradition you guys have started that will last years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day! I love the colors in these pictures! These experiences will give Abby beautiful dreams.

    ReplyDelete