Thursday, November 4

some things

Matthew commented we hadn't had a post all week, so here are some musings.
Mostly about abby (surprise)
1. Abby has a new love, her noodle box. The idea came from Grammy Lori and we have all sorts of tools, trucks and messes now to play with!
2. Abby has never really been into blocks. I think she may have made a tower of 2 or 3 blocks once, ever. This week she made a sculpture. She also left it up all week admiring her work of art. It is interactive art though as she climbs up her chair to look at it and make the sounds of all the animals on the blocks that she can see.
3. Abby had a 17 month check up (we missed the 15 month and wanted to get her shots going for Malaysia) and she baffled the scale by hitting the 20lb mark exactly! I thought that was a lot and was feeling proud of my growing girl. Then i looked back in her baby book to see that last november she was already 14 lbs. So... in one huge year of her life she grew 6 pounds?! Pretty sure that it's normal (she's still the same on the curve) but it just seemed sorta amazing to me.

4. Dad and Lynda asked what abby is saying lately so here are her top 10 favorite (most frequently said) words- in no particular order.
  1. Come!
  2. No!
  3. Go!
  4. Monkey
  5. Wheels
  6. Pecan
  7. ShiShi
  8. cookie
  9. pumpkin
  10. walk

2 comments:

  1. Love the noodle box. Another fun idea that I picked up from Isaac's school is using pom poms of all colors and sizes. I have it in my sensory table at school right now and it is a hit.

    I love the sculpture too Abby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for the noodle box!!! Gramma Lor introduced Micah to that when I was in labor with Nathan almost three years ago and both boys still play with their noodle boxes frequently. And the blocks, great! The boys will have a blast playing with her this December as they have their blocks out everyday :). Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete