Thursday, July 7

Things we like around our house

1: Our house! It really is lovely, even though it looks like a haunted house out of season. We can even sit on the 2nd story front porch for things like fireworks and mountain viewing.
2: The house next to us giving us this awesome blue back drop view out of many windows.
3: This is a plum tree, in season, with plums ripening as we speak!
4. Lavender, sage and mint are the herbs so far that we have discovered freely growing in our yard.
5: This is our garden, which we are slowly getting weeded and fixed up. I started the stone path with these free stones from our church, but not sure if it would make tilling a bit too hard later.
6. Free rocks mean free landscaping! The base of the tree was dirt, weeds, empty buckets, trash and dead moss before many trips loading and unloading the stones.
7. The randomness that continues to surprise us and make us laugh.

4 comments:

  1. Lavender...I so need to plant lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see photos from around your house! Love the color blue from next door.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, your house is amazing. I am so happy for you all. Looking forward to coming out to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How weird is this?! This is DEFINITELY how I pictured your house in my mind after your description! So glad you have space and good growth of a garden and space to enjoy! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete