Yup. 30 hours in a car in 1 weekend. We're still not sure how Abby made it through, but we all did and she, particularly, did great! A friend of Matthew's got married in New Haven, CT. Here is the story of our weekend in photos:
If this isn't an "are we there yet" face, I don't know what is! I think it was from the second day with many hours to go.
She found ways to amuse herself.
Oh New York, how we miss you! (Maybe not the city exactly, but still )
The wedding was really different! The bride and groom passed out their own programs before the ceremony, had very upbeat celebrating music all the way through, and cut a cake at each table later, to name a few traditions they changed around.Abby, making creative use of the reception space.

Enjoying my handsome husband :)

Festivities ended early enough for us to play in the "real" autumn weather, leaves, nature. Abby experimented with waves, ripples, splashes, roots, falling leaves and more.
Sunday morning we piled in the car and drove home. All the way home. 15+ hours in the car home. We did get to stop in Durham shortly where Carrie and Clyde were sweet enough to feed us dinner at 9pm before we continued on. We're glad to be here, and not planning on going on any more trips for a while.
Wow! What a crazy weekend! But it sounds like it was well worth it and I'm so proud of Abby (and you and Matthew of course!).
ReplyDeleteyou guys are good friends. I NEVER would have done that!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, what an adventure! I'm so glad Abby did well on the trip. Glad y'all are back safely!
ReplyDelete